Google’s mission is to organize the world‘s information and make it universally accessible and useful. As a User Experience (UX) leader, you help define and drive the future of Google design. You identify and set product strategy, envision complex UX ecosystems and inspire teams to push the boundaries of what’s possible. You possess a clear vision of the future of user experience and have the courage to pursue forward-thinking design.
Our UX teams include designers, researchers, content strategists, and engineers who are passionate about quality, usability, and simplicity. We work on collaborative teams to solve complex challenges and craft experiences that highlight our products’ unique capabilities and personalities. Our work touches billions while exemplifying a key principle that is core to Google’s philosophy: “Focus on the user and all else will follow.”
1. Manage and lead a team of Interaction and Visual Designers to craft useful, usable experiences
2. Define and guide team UX processes, methods, and culture to drive collaboration and innovation
3. Build effective partnerships and collaborate with UX Research, Content Strategy, Program Managers, and with cross-functional Product Management and Engineering teams
4. Communicate recommendations, rationalize design decisions, and advocate for users’ needs.
1. Bachelor's degree in Design, HCI, Interaction or similar area, or equivalent practical experience
2. 7 years of experience in design leadership or management
3. Experience connecting insights to brand, technical requirements, and product vision and strategy
4. Experience working as a designer, specifically on mobile platforms.
1. Experience working across organizational boundaries to define, manage, and prioritize work, with a collaborative and innovative approach
2. Interest in product innovation, with the ability to connect research findings with new product proposals
3. Passionate about new technology and user-centered product development approach
4. Effective communication, collaboration and analytical skills.