Founded in 2012, Lazada Group is the leading eCommerce platform in Southeast Asia. We are accelerating progress in Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam through commerce and technology. With the largest logistics and payments networks in the region, Lazada is a part of our consumers’ daily lives in the region and we aim to serve 300 million shoppers by 2030. Since 2016, Lazada is the Southeast Asia flagship platform of the Alibaba Group powered by its cutting-edge technology infrastructure.
As one of the fastest growing e-commerce companies in Asia, RedMart offers an unparalleled startup experience. Our culture: entrepreneurial, fiercely intelligent, team oriented, deeply creative and whatever you add to it! We’re fanatical about improving our customer experience and providing “wow” customer service.
Product Designers play a vital role inside our organisation on both Singapore and Bangalore. You will be working with cross-functional teams in RedMart to ensure that our RedMart website and apps provides an awesome shopping experience for our customers.
🎨 Job Description
What we look for in a candidate?
- You believe that everyproduct is built to be part of a design system, made of reusable components and patterns to efficiently function within a platform. Your portfolio has some of best-in-class craftsmanship, solved by the marriage of a good userexperience and proper functionality. Your designs are clean, elegant and aesthetically sound.
- You’re not afraid to design in the open. You should be verycomfortable in showing incomplete work with the team. At RedMart, we sharework-in-progress design solutions work regularly within the team. This ensuresthat you are always on-track and moving in the right direction.
- You’ve shipped products. You understand that every product, new or existing, is made through constant iteration, driven by data informing your decisions, insights and observations translating into meaningful action. You know how to inspire and collaborate with engineers to build products that have business impact without compromising on design integrity.
- You never stop learning. You are aware that this business requires constant self-learning. From design trends, to new software like Sketch or prototyping tools that is constantly changing. On a personal level, you are not afraid to unlearn existing behaviors to experiment on new ones. Bottom line, you are always looking for the possibility of being wrong and open towards doing the right thing.
Education Requirement: Bachelor
The hygiene stuff:
- Enjoy moving fast: we don't wait for things to happen in RedMart
- Be able to design the fine grained details of interactions
- Be able to effectively and concisely communicate ideas
- Be able to prototype designs in lo-fidelity and hi-fidelity as required
- Be familiar in designing for mobile and web
- Be proficient in Sketch or Adobe Photoshop
Years of experience in the Product Design field does not matter here, but we are looking for an individual that embodies the qualities above. As part of your application, we would like to see your online portfolio or PDF portfolio.