We are an Indonesian-based technology unicorn born in 2010, with a focus on helping to create a fair economy for all. Through our online and offline commerce platforms, we want to provide everyone with options and opportunities to get more out of life. Serving more than 6 million online sellers, 6 million Mitra Bukalapak, we also completing our services, with a B2B e-procurement line named Buka Pengadaan Indonesia (BPI) in 2019, and in 2020 launched Buka Investasi Bersama (BIB) a digital-based mutual fund selling agent.
Some of the other achievements including Satyalancana Wira Karya Medal of Honors for our Founders, Achmad Zaky in 2016 and Fajrin in 2019, ranking 14th in Financial Times’ list of High Growth Companies in the Asia Pacific, HR Asia’s Best Companies To Work For in 2019 - 2020, and The Best Contact Center Indonesia 2018 and 2019 by the Indonesia Contact Center Association (ICCA)
🎨 Job Description
Bukalapak is currently working remotely due to COVID-19. So, this role doesn’t require you to move at the time being.
- Design and conduct qualitative and quantitative studies, including field observations and interviews, remote and in-person usability studies for existing and future products, structuring and analyzing surveys to evaluate the impacts of product changes and gather insights at scale.
- Inform and participate in product decisions from definition to launch (and after), working at both strategic and tactical level.
- Share findings with designers, engineers, product managers, and others, creating a smarter, more informed and more empathetic product team.
- Adapt and innovate research methods to meet product needs by delivering high quality insights in a fast paced work environment, and by contextualizing for specific use cases across products.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Engineers, Product Managers, Researchers and Designers to overcome challenges, and prioritize user experience research questions..
- Help the team launch and land successful products in the market through strategic product decisions to meet local expectations.
- Build empathy across the organization to improve the products we build.
What you need to have (i.e., Minimum Qualifications)
- Excellent communication skills and top-notch presentation skills
- Passionate to understand users and their motivations
- Wide range and in depth knowledge of qualitative & quantitative methods
- Experienced with research tools, such as: SPSS, Morae, Tobii, etc
What would make you stand out from the crowd (i.e., Preferred Qualifications)
- Experiences with wireframeing/prototyping
- Experiences with visual and interaction design
- Experiences with cross-cultural products and international research