Traveloka is South East Asia’s leading online travel company and discovery platform that provides a wide range of travel and lifestyle offerings. We exist to enrich lives by empowering people to discover the world around them.
We believe that lives are enriched through experiences that broaden horizons for self-discovery. We continue to look for passionate people to join our mission: to make it easier for people to discover the world around them so they can have more experiences to enrich their lives.
Traveloka Design Leads will manage both a growing team of interdisciplinary designers (Design Researchers, Interaction Designers, User Interface Designers, Copy Editors and Writers, Illustrators, User Interface Developers, and Design Producers), as well as to lead overall design strategy and project management.
She/He works closely with the Business Lead, Product Managers, Engineers, Data Scientists, and Marketers on a weekly basis to ensure continuous improvement and smooth delivery to our products.
1. Oversee the Regional Product Design teams in Traveloka’s South East Asia’s representative offices (Bangkok, Ho Chi Minh City, Manila, and Kuala Lumpur) and to provide leadership support to the Design Leads in those cities.
2. Reporting to VP of Design and coordinate with the Central Design teams and Product Design teams located in Traveloka HQ in Jakarta, and to align project management schedules, design directions, and product feature implementations on a regular basis.
3. Provide overall brand design direction and go-to-market design strategy, including on brand style guides relevant to each market outside of Indonesia, and to ensure all communications stay on-brand and on-trend and in alignment with HQ brand strategy and brand design direction.
4. Foster the use of established design techniques, methods, templates, assets, and tools through good practices in design thinking (project scoping, research design, synthesis, ideation, and implementation) across the International offices by providing support in workflow and process improvement.
5. Working closely with each of the Design Lead/Coordinator located in Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok, Manila, and HoChiMinh to develop and oversee the regional designers’ growth through career navigation and professional development programs.
6. Provide leadership support in design localization for product & features, communication campaigns, and any other outputs.
7. Manage and monitor the successful execution of regional projects and local initiatives that could be rolled out to the regions.
8. Provide consultancy, support, and foster collaboration with cross-functional teams such as Marketing, Product Management, People Operations (HR) on necessary systems and processes to support needs in delivering efficient improvements.
1. 4+ years managing a Design team or in a leadership position and a history of strong project management skills, well-versed in data-informed product design and development.
2. 10+ years as a hands-on Designer (education background could range from Visual Communication Design, UI/Interaction Design, Product Design, or any other relevant Design disciplines).
3. A track record of hiring, managing, and mentoring high-performing interdisciplinary design teams.
4. Deep understanding of the eCommerce and/or digital travel and lifestyle industries, extra points for having successfully deliver products in/for the SE Asia and/or regional markets.
5. The ability to form consensus across a broad, fast-moving organization through excellent communication and interpersonal skills (including: negotiation, constructive feedback, presentation, managing expectations).
6. Portfolio that showcases a deep understanding of the Human Centered Design methodology (along with its methods and tools), willingness to learn and iterate, and passionate about design and storytelling.
7. A deep sense of accountability, adaptability, and embracing ambiguity working in a fast-paced environment.
8. Fluency in English communications (both verbal and written).