Grab is Southeast Asia’s leading superapp, offering a suite of services consisting of deliveries, mobility, financial services, enterprise and others. Grabbers come from all over the world, and we are united by a common mission: to drive Southeast Asia forward by creating economic empowerment for everyone.
GrabFin is building the fintech services of tomorrow for the people of Southeast Asia. Today, more than 6 in 10 Southeast Asians are unbanked or underbanked and GrabFin aims to change that by empowering everyone with simple, transparent, and flexible financial products and payment options.
The GrabKios team is building solutions to enable Indonesians - from individuals to warungs and entrepreneurs - to maximize their income by facilitating bill payments, mobile top-ups, money transfers, and more.
🎨 Job Description
As a Lead Product Designer on the Kios team, you will advance Product Design quality and practice and work across cross-functional Problem Space Teams on strategic initiatives. You will work in a highly collaborative fashion, exploring the needs of our users and creating impactful solutions for the business.
If you have a user-centric approach, embrace ambiguity, and thrive in collaborative environments, then the Grab Design team is the place for you. We’re looking for exceptional designers who are excited by the opportunity to have a major impact on how millions of people across Southeast Asia interact with Grab.
The Day-to-Day Activities:
- Drive Product Design outcomes and set direction across teams; driving complex, strategic initiatives.
- Ensure we build the right solutions - addressing value, usability, feasibility and viability, and negotiating any necessary trade-offs with minimal waste, while safeguarding goals.
- Confidently defend design decisions and effectively convince senior stakeholders.
- Drive collaboration across domains, functions and teams; facilitating their alignment and efficiencies by driving discussions, workshops and exploration.
- Drive problem exploration, solution discovery and solution delivery across teams; displaying autonomy to work and navigate complexity independently.
- Act as a force multiplier by helping designers in adjacent teams deliver better work.
- Develop problem-framing approaches, establishing new starting points that lead to new kinds of solutions, affecting strategic thinking, not just execution, across teams.
- Design simple solutions to particularly complex problems; knitting together multiple ‘products’ in an experience and unlocking new value.
- Produce visual design that elevates the quality, consistency, and credibility of user experiences.
- Use a variety of prototyping tools and methods to create highly interactive and realistic prototypes with complex functionality.
- 6+ years of Product Design experience.
- Portfolio demonstrating design process, solutions, and shipped work.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working on cross-functional product teams.
- Excellent fundamentals in interaction and visual design craft and practice.
- Experience coaching others in interaction design, visual design or prototyping.
- Excellent knowledge of mobile and front-end web standards and development.
- Experience with Figma, Protopie, After Effects or other design tooling
- Experience in Information Architecture, Service Design, User Research, Front-end Development, and Accessible Design, or Design Systems are all a plus.