Google’s mission is to organize the world‘s information and make it universally accessible and useful.
In an Interaction Designer role, you’ll take on complex tasks and transform them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use designs for billions of people around the world—from the first-time user to the sophisticated expert. Achieving this goal requires collaboration with teams of Designers, Researchers, Engineers and Product Managers throughout the design process—from creating user flows and wireframes to building user interface mockups and prototypes. At each stage, you will anticipate what our users need, advocate for them and ensure that the final product surprises and delights them.
1. Build cross-functional relationships with stakeholders to drive user focus, creativity, efficiency and product excellence
2. Deliver detailed design flows and specifications, ensure product excellence throughout product development and implementation process
3. Define design direction in close collaboration with Designers, Researchers and Writers to define approach, tone, personality, ease of use, end-to-end flows
4. Partner closely with cross-functional teams to define user needs, opportunities and product requirements.
1. Bachelor's degree in Design, HCI, Interaction or similar area, or equivalent practical experience
2. 8 years of interaction design experience
3. Experience working with mobile platforms
1. Experience contributing to innovative and successful products
2. Effective interaction and visual design skills, with a portfolio of interactive projects
3. Demonstrated collaboration skills, with the ability to work with cross-functional teams
4. Effective communication and presentation skills and ability to listen, be proactive at addressing feedback, represent and advocate for UX and users