Compass Education is an information technology company with offices in Victoria, New South Wales, Brisbane and Dublin. Our core software product, Compass, is used by millions of students, staff, parents, and alumni.
At Compass, innovating the experience teachers, staff, students and parents have with their school has been a driving force behind our widespread success. User experience has always been an integral consideration in the development of new additions to the Compass product suite - we are looking to further build upon the strengths of our products with beautiful and intuitive customer experiences.
1. Designing for web, iOS and Android platforms
2. Simplify data-dense UI to be easily conveyed to our non-technical audiences
3. Assist in maintaining and improving the overall visual language of the Compass suite
4. Build both simple and complex components for our UI library that are reusable and align with an established design system
5. Deliver clean and modern designs with exceptional UX, varying from low fidelity wireframes to high-quality interactive prototypes
6. Present ideas passionately and defend design decisions, as well as incorporate feedback into the design cycle
7. Work alongside engineers to collaborate in a vibrant design-development environment
8. Help product teams achieve their best possible design output.
1. 2+ years of professional experience in designing consumer or business SaaS applications
2. The confidence to work both independently and collaboratively
3. Extensive levels of knowledge in design theories and practices
4. Strong visual design skills and flare, with the confidence to showcase your process and outcomes
5. Experience in using collaborative design tools such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe or equivalent
6. Experience working in agile environments, having liaised with engineers, testers and project managers
7. Positive changes to our product and have a drive to always push the success and growth of our team
We highly encourage candidates, like yourself, to submit their web-based portfolio that highlights how you approach design challenges.
Successful candidates will have worked both as a freelance and within multidisciplinary teams in which they have ultimately delivered and iterated on products that are used by a larger-scale user base.